Bond meeting tonight at PHSPublished by kate.searle on Wed, 09/26/2018 - 13:37
Tonight at 6 pm in the Payson High library there will be an in-person bond meeting. Then on Tuesday, November 6, Nebo School District residents will have the opportunity to vote on the important bond proposal. Please visit www.nebo.edu/bond2018, where you will find relevant facts you need in order to make an informed decision about the bond proposal on the ballot.
Nebo School District continues to grow by approximately 500 students per year. Due to this growth, the proposed bond was initiated after more than a year of research and planning by district personnel and input from parents, guardians, and local government officials. The proposed bond aims to accommodate growth and prepare for the future through the following projects:
- Building three new middle schools (one each in the Salem Hills High School catchment area, Maple Mountain High School catchment area, and Springville High School catchment area)
- Rebuilding Payson High School, Spanish Fork High School, and Springville High School
- Implementing a straight alignment pattern which means each middle school will feed into a single junior high, and each junior high will feed into a single high school (rather than splitting), so students can attend school with their peers through the completion of high school
Nebo School District is pleased that there will be no tax rate increase with this bond. This is possible because past bonds were structured in a way that kept debt ratios low and we have been aggressively paying off previous bonds.
More detailed information regarding the proposed bond can be found on our website at www.nebo.edu/bond2018. The website contains videos, voter information, voting locations, and other information that may help you make an informed decision regarding the proposed bond.
If you would like to visit with us in person regarding the bond, four area meetings have been scheduled for your convenience:
- September 25: 6 p.m. at Maple Mountain High School
- September 26: 6 p.m. at Payson High School
- October 3: 6 p.m. at Springville High School
- October 4: 6 p.m. at Spanish Fork High School
The bond proposal is a plan that will impact the future of our students and community for years to come. We hope that you will engage in the process with us and mail your ballot on or before November 5.