Join the School Community Council!Published by david.rockwood on Tue, 07/09/2019 - 14:00
Be Involved and Have a Positive Influence at Payson High School by Serving on the School Community
Council School Community Council is the forum in which parents and guardians can contribute and have direct input in the following ways...
- Meet once monthly to support school improvement and student success through shared decision-making
- Develop a plan for the allocation of School LAND Trust money and other school plans
- Examine important school issues and consider solutions
- Disseminate information to the community about school progress and student success
- Bring new ideas and concerns from the community to the school administration
- Help promote the many successes of Payson High School
School Community Council is integral in developing the Payson High School Improvement Plan and determining how funds should be allocated in order to improve our school.
If you would like to be a part of the council in the future you do have the opportunity to run for one of 3 seats on the council next year. To qualify for a seat on the council, you must be a parent or guardian of a student at Payson High School for both of the two years you will be serving on the council. If you are interested, please fill out the nomination form by July 18, 2019 (We will email this information to all parents/guardians as well as post more information on the website by July 8th). Elections will be held during registration, both online or through a paper ballot found in the main office of the school. Only parents/guardians of students who attend Payson High School are eligible to vote for council members.
You are invited to attend School Community Council meetings. Payson High School Community Council meetings are always open to the public and your input is invited and welcome. You may attend as often as you like and your ideas will be heard and considered. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 2:45 p.m. in the school's conference room.